District Safety Procedures
To protect the safety of students and staff in East Islip School District, visitors are reminded to please cooperate with the following safety procedures for entering the district’s school buildings:
1. Anyone who is not a regular staff member or student of the school will be considered a visitor. All staff members will be wearing a school-issued ID during normal school hours.
2. All visitors to the school must report to the school building’s front desk upon arrival at the school, where they will be required to sign the visitor’s register and present photo ID. Visitors will then be issued a visitor’s pass, which must be worn at all times while in the school or on school grounds. The visitor must remove the identification pass at the front desk and sign out on the visitor’s register before leaving the building. All visitors will be announced and/or escorted to and from their destinations.
3. Visitors attending school functions that are open to the public outside of school hours, such as parent-teacher organization meetings or public gatherings, are not required to register.
4. Any unauthorized person on school property will be reported to the principal or his or her designee. Unauthorized persons will be asked to leave. The police may be called if the situation warrants.
5. All visitors are expected to abide by the rules for public conduct on school property contained in the school district’s Code of Conduct.