Board of Education Goals
I. Establish continuous progress in student achievement.
A. Review district data both as a whole and in disaggregated groups. Examine areas of strong performance and areas in need of improvement.
1. Monitor current action plan to address areas of weakness.
2. Assist or help facilitate administrative use of student data in the decision making process.
II. Provide current, clear information about school district policies, procedures, operations and events to community members, constituents and interested parties using print, electronic and voice media.
A. Evaluate the current district communication systems: print media, website, video/podcast, voice.
1. Work with PR firm to monitor and improve the district newsletter, dissemination of budget information, local paper news items and media coverage.
2. Examine alternatives to e-Chalk for website hosting.
III. Provide equal opportunity to access the school district transportation system for all students.
A. Evaluate current mileage parameters for all schools and examine equity of access for all students.
1. Look at bus transportation access for all students within a school building and for each grade level.
2. Examine use of temporary bus passes.
B. Propose potential changes via public referendum to current voter-approved mileage limits for student transportation.
1. Establish a district committee to review all data.
2. Make recommendations for any appropriate changes to district policies and procedures.