skip to main content

Special Education & Pupil Personnel Department

Welcome Message


Pupil  Personnel  Services  is  a  team  effort  consisting  of  school  guidance  counselors,  classroom  teachers,  
psychologists,  speech  and  language  therapists,  special  education  teachers,  social  workers,  related  
service  providers,  AND  YOU,  THE  PARENT,  working  together  to  help  your  child. If  you  have  a  question  
and  wish  to  speak  with  a  member  of  the  department,  please  call  631­‐224­‐2060.

Parents  of  students  with  disabilities  who  are  parentally  placed  in  nonpublic  schools  must  request  
special  education  services  in  writing  to  the  school  district  of  location  by  June  1  preceding  the  school  year  
for  which  the  request  for  services  is  made,  except  for when  a  student  is  first  identified  as  a  student  
with  a  disability  after  the  first  day  of  June  preceding  the  school year  for  which  the  request  is  made.  In that case,  the  parent  must  submit  the  written  request  for  services  with  30  days  after  the  student  was  first  identified.

Saturday, October 16, 2021